Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pearce's Nursery

Here is Pearce's nursery... I cannot wait for him to be in it! I wanted to make it as calming and sweet baby boy looking as possible. Excuse all the empty picture frames around the room, but I am not going to put random ones of us in them. I waiting for cute baby pics!
Pearce's crib :) Thank you GG'ma and GG'pa - Pearce's Great-Grandparents









A note on the drapes: I have since ordered new draperies because I decided I didn't like the toile up there, so soon Pearce will have drapes out of the blue/cream stripe silk that is on his bedding :) Yes, we will have two sets of drapes, but my crazy preggers brain could not make up her mind and get it together to make the right decision. I am sure Pearce will notice the drapes immediately once he arrives :)


The sign on the door will go on his hospital door whenever he makes his debut :)


Bookshelf with LOTS of great children's books to read at night (we have already been reading some if Mommy doesn't fall asleep on the first page) and lots of other gifts from sweet family & friends. Notice the cute snuggly lamb blankie from Aunt Cayce on top.



"Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, and if I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take" My mom used to say this to us before we went to bed. So, when I saw it in an antique store, baby Pearce had to have it for above his crib.














Again, waiting for some pictures... which is why the self looks a little empty :) A sweet friend of my moms made all of those white chocolate baby boy suckers for us to take to the hospital to give out when Pearce arrives. Also, notice baby Pearce's luggage. He will be traveling in style :)


I am looking for something to hang above his chest. The "empty" frames will go on another wall once they have precious pictures of baby Pearce in them.


Thanks to Mrs. Valarie for doing a fabulous job on Pearce's chest! We adore it!!!

Notice the LARGE toy bag filled to the brim... all thanks to Aunt Emmy who brought us all of Carter's infant toys. Seriously, the child had every infant toy on the market at the time! I know Pearce will enjoy spreading them all around the house very much!!!



Lots of fun will be happening here pretty soon :)



The bouncy chair... something I'm told you cannot live without (among about a trillion other baby products, which is why Babies "r" Us will never go out of business, but that's another subject)





This picture is for Aunt Betsy, my Godmother! Notice the adorable clothes dividers she sent us! All of Pearce's clothes are organized by size (and have been washed in Dreft) thanks to Aunt Besty!




Yes, I know it is not necessary to have a pillow in a baby crib, because it can never be in there with them, but isn't it so sweet in there! Ryan is actually excited about it, because in order to make Pearce's crib, all you do is put the one pillow back in place, as opposed to our bed where there are about 10!


The most fabulous chair in the world! The glider!! Seriously, this chair and ottoman are heavenly! I could sit in it for the rest of my life. Thanks Grandmama and Daddy Joe!



4 comments:

  1. It looks great! The chest turned out amazing, and I love the book shelf your mom picked up! Now, if there was just a little baby Pearce to complete things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks wonderful! I love the chest! And I love the little nook for his changing table area! His room is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reed-just stumbled upon your blog today. You look great, and I know you're ready for his arrival. I'll add you to ours.

    (I swore I'd never have a blog, too. Now I'm completely obnoxious about it. At least my family can see Sam whenever they want.)

    Alli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nursery is absolutely beautiful! I love the bedding and the chest! And you look great as well.

    ReplyDelete