Pearce picked a good one this year... an 11 FOOTER! That's right! The tallest tree the Toms have had yet. There was an initial issue getting it up. Super strong super man daddy thought he could just throw an 11 footer up by himself, no problem. About an hour after it was up and after I had been waist deep in sap putting lights on (because I think they have to be wrapped all the way up every branch), the tree came crashing into the 10 ft hefty ladder, which crashed into my table with all my little christmas village houses, which shattered glass onto Pearce in his exersaucer across the dining and living room from the tree, spilling the gallons of water out of the bottom onto the wood floor and my drapes, as well as knocking most of the lights I had worked so hard to put on off the branches.... can we say Grizwald. Luckily, there were no injuries. Although, I could not stop hysterically laughing, which wasn't helping Ryan out as he tried to push the huge tree back up as it slid across the wet floor. SO, in order to save our marriage and our tree, I called our neighbor Jason for an emergency trip over. They got the tree up, tightened it so it would not fall, and I got the 28 (yes 28) strands of lights on! We had to keep running out for more lights. I love a well-lit tree. Now, for all you artificial owners... aren't you sad you miss out on excitement like that?!!




No comments:
Post a Comment