Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Valentine's ... ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE!

If you know me at all, you know I'm overly obsessed with celebrating holidays. I get this from my mom who got it from my grandmama. I have to say, it's one of my favorite traits I inherited from her. I think holidays give you a reason to decorate, spend family time, be creative, have fun, and make a day (or month) extra special for the ones you love.

This year... Pearce made his own Valentine's. He worked his HEART out on them. They were his labor of love project for all his favs. Let's just hope that when Crayola said "non-toxic" on the box, they meant it, because he definitely got about the same amount in his mouth as on the paper. I did find out that when they said "washable" they meant it, so that was good news.
hard at work on a masterpiece
stopped to blow a smooch
Don't mess with an artist at work
All done... now just to be folded, ribbon tied, picture on the inside, and a sweet little love note
We did lots of Valentine's treats and decorating this year!
love cookies

Our V-day table

yes, I have valentine's china
roses from my boys... so sweet
cupcakes
LET XOXOXO DAY BEGIN
Cupid dropped off a couple of love happies for Pearce on Valentine's morning
"excuse me while I read my card"
Pearce checking out his loot from Cupid

Heart pancakes for breakfast!
I thought this would be a fabulous idea. I didn't figure it would be that hard to form a heart with pancake mix... WRONG! This was my best one.

Valentine's kisses and hugs! We stole extra xoxoxoxo's from Pearce that day!

A little photo shoot for the ladies (aka, mommy, grandmama, nina, cayce, emmy, meg, gg-ma)

A little Valentine's sweet heart cake for our sweetheart


Pearce getting ready to deliver his flowers to Madelyn across the street. I feel like I'm getting the "mom, do I have to" look here.
A valentine from Madelyn...

Notice Madelyn's little picture in the bear she gave Pearce for his room. Too funny!
Madelyn "thanking" Pearce for her flowers
Madelyn and her mommy (Sommer) opening Madelyn's "labor of love" card from Pearce
Valentine's night we put Pearce to bed early, cooked a FABULOUS dinner & dessert, set our dinning room table with our fine china and silver, popped open some champagne and wine, got all dressed up, and enjoyed one of the best Valentine's dates I've ever had.

1 comment:

  1. Reed, this is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I swear, you have the cutest child on the planet, and he just keeps getting cuter!! How do you get anything done with that doll around?! Sounds like y'all had an amazing Valentine's Day! Hope to see y'all soon! =)

    ReplyDelete